Putting your health plan to work
Welcome to your new benefits website. Here you can learn about how your DoD NAF health plan works and the many tools, programs and resources built-in to support your total health and well-being. If you’re not already, we invite you to put your plan to work to help you save more money, make smarter choices and live your healthiest life.
Medical care is vital both to your everyday health and to keep you financially secure in case of a serious accident or injury. Our plans provide preventive care coverage at 100%, affordable copayments for doctor's office visits and out-of-pocket maximums so even the most unexpected medical expenses won't threaten your financial security.
Bookmark this site! Come back and visit when you have a question about your health benefits. Put your health plan to work for you!
Bookmark This Site!
Instructions for adding nafhealthplans.com to your smartphone home screen*
- Open nafhealthplans.com in the Safari® browser.
- Tap the Share button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Add to Home Screen.”
- You can then change the name of the icon to what you would like it to display and press “Add” in the top right corner.
- You’ll see a shortcut on your iPhone home screen. (You may need to scroll to one of the other home screens besides the main screen, if your main screen is full.)
- Use Safari to navigate to nafhealthplans.com.
- Tap the Share button at the top of the screen.
- Tap Add to Home Screen. Note that the icon shown here will change to use the icon for that website or to a small screen capture of the site.
- You can now edit the name of the page. Most web page titles are too long to display under an icon on the Home screen of the iPad, so edit the name down to as short a title as possible.
- You can tap Cancel to leave this interface without sending the bookmark to the Home screen.
- Tap Add to complete adding the icon to the Home screen.
AndroidTM using ChromeTM
- Open nafhealthplans.com in the Chrome browser for Android.
- Tap your phone’s menu button to bring up the Chrome menu.
- Select “Add to home screen.”
- You can change the name or keep the default title.
- You’ll see a shortcut in the next available space on your Android home screen. (You may need to scroll to one of the other home screens besides the main screen, if your main screen is full.)
Android using a default browser for Android
- Open nafhealthplans.com in the default browser for Android.
- Tap your phone’s bookmark button to bring up the bookmark menu.
- Tap the icon in the upper right with the plus sign to add a new bookmark for this page.
- In the "Add to" dropdown, choose the "Home screen" option and click the "OK" button.
- You will see a prompt telling you that the shortcut has been created.
- You'll see a shortcut in the next available space on your Android home screen. (You may need to scroll to one of the other home screens besides the main screen, if your main screen is full.)
*These steps apply to many smartphone models, but not all phones will be the same. Some phones do not have an "add to home screen" option, in which case you may wish to "bookmark" the link, which is typically an option found in your phone’s menu.
The iPhone and Safari are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android and Chrome are trademarks of Google, Inc.