What's new for 2019
Meet Alex, your new interactive benefits counselor
There’s a lot to consider as you make your enrollment decisions for 2019 — but now you’ve got help. Alex is an online tool that can help you choose the right benefits. He’s smart, friendly and easy to use. Just give him some basic information and he’ll walk you through your plan options for medical, dental and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). He’ll suggest benefits that match your needs, budget and preferences.
Alex is programmed to coach on ACTIVE employee benefits only.
Click on your NAF employer below to meet with Alex now:
Air Force Army CNIC Exchange Marine Corps NEXCOM
The changes and new programs for 2019 allow your DoD NAF employer to continue to offer valuable and cost effective benefits. These changes and enhancements take effect January 1, 2019:
- Group health coaching and support — at no cost to you
With Healthy Lifestyle Coaching*, you'll be able to work with a wellness coach to address your health goals such as losing weight, quitting smoking, eating better, reducing stress, and more! This new program offers weekly interactive, group coaching sessions as well as some one-on-one support. Make 2019 the year you focus on your health!
- Two new Teladoc programs*
Dermatology and behavioral health services will be added to your Teladoc program. *Not available to Aetna International members.
- Changes to prescription drug benefits
There will be a new formulary in 2019 that will impact a small group of NAF employees. Some drugs will be excluded and some will change the tier they are covered under which will impact cost. For any drugs excluded from coverage, there will be alternative drugs covered by the plan.
- Health Incentive Credit program enhancements
In 2019, employees and covered spouses will be able to earn $75 just for completing the online Health Assessment. Plus, employees can earn up to $300 ($50 more than last year) and families can earn up to $600 for completing healthy activities.
- Family medical deductible and out-of-pocket maximum changes
If you cover yourself and one or more dependents, your in-network family deductible will be $1,500 in 2019. The new in-network family out-of-pocket maximum will be $8,000. As of January 1, 2019, once the expenses of any family member(s) reaches the deductible, the deductible will be considered met for all family members. The same holds true for the out-of-pocket maximum.
Open Enrollment (November 1-30, 2018)
The elections you make during Open Enrollment will take effect January 1, 2019. The plan available to you is based on your geographic location. If you are not changing anything, your current plan will carry over into 2019, except your FSA elections which need to be elected each year. We encourage you to visit your NAF employer page under the NAF Enrollment tab on this website. During Open Enrollment you can:
- Join the DoD NAF Health Benefits Program (HBP). The plan available to you is based on your geographic location.
- Switch plans (if applicable).
- Add or remove eligible dependents. You also may make these changes during the plan year within 31 days of a qualified life event, such as marriage, divorce, birth or adoption.
- Enroll in the health care and/or dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) offered by your DoD NAF employer. You must elect to participate in one or both FSAs each year. You will also need to actively elect a contribution amount each year. Learn more about the FSAs.
Visit your NAF employer page under the NAF Enrollment tab or the Retiree tab to learn more.
Bookmark This Site!
Instructions for adding nafhealthplans.com to your smartphone home screen*
- Open nafhealthplans.com in the Safari® browser.
- Tap the Share button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Add to Home Screen.”
- You can then change the name of the icon to what you would like it to display and press “Add” in the top right corner.
- You’ll see a shortcut on your iPhone home screen. (You may need to scroll to one of the other home screens besides the main screen, if your main screen is full.)
- Use Safari to navigate to nafhealthplans.com.
- Tap the Share button at the top of the screen.
- Tap Add to Home Screen. Note that the icon shown here will change to use the icon for that website or to a small screen capture of the site.
- You can now edit the name of the page. Most web page titles are too long to display under an icon on the Home screen of the iPad, so edit the name down to as short a title as possible.
- You can tap Cancel to leave this interface without sending the bookmark to the Home screen.
- Tap Add to complete adding the icon to the Home screen.
AndroidTM using ChromeTM
- Open nafhealthplans.com in the Chrome browser for Android.
- Tap your phone’s menu button to bring up the Chrome menu.
- Select “Add to home screen.”
- You can change the name or keep the default title.
- You’ll see a shortcut in the next available space on your Android home screen. (You may need to scroll to one of the other home screens besides the main screen, if your main screen is full.)
Android using a default browser for Android
- Open nafhealthplans.com in the default browser for Android.
- Tap your phone’s bookmark button to bring up the bookmark menu.
- Tap the icon in the upper right with the plus sign to add a new bookmark for this page.
- In the "Add to" dropdown, choose the "Home screen" option and click the "OK" button.
- You will see a prompt telling you that the shortcut has been created.
- You'll see a shortcut in the next available space on your Android home screen. (You may need to scroll to one of the other home screens besides the main screen, if your main screen is full.)
*These steps apply to many smartphone models, but not all phones will be the same. Some phones do not have an "add to home screen" option, in which case you may wish to "bookmark" the link, which is typically an option found in your phone’s menu.
The iPhone and Safari are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android and Chrome are trademarks of Google, Inc.