Your good health starts here
Your health goals lead the way. Wherever they take you, we’ll keep finding new ways to join you – with the latest information and inspiration to support you in your journey.
Getting healthy requires you to take small steps to break bad habits and create good ones. Explore the expert tips below that empower you to eat better, get active, sleep well and stress less — and care for your mind, body and spirit.
Emotional & mental health
Quitting smoking or any tobacco product is the single most important step you can take to improve the length and quality of their life. The tobacco cessation benefit that is part of the plan makes it easier to afford the combination of medication and counseling that works best for you. The DoD NAF plan covers:
- Up to a 180-day supply of the following medications with a valid prescription: Bupropion SR, Nicotine gum, Nicotine inhaler, Nicotine lozenge, Nicotine nasal spray, Nicotine patch and Varenicline.
- Eight smoking cessation counseling sessions per calendar year with a participating provider.
For more information, call Aetna Member Services at 1-800-367-6276.
Get maternity support
Welcome to the Aetna Maternity Program
Whether you’re a new or experienced mom, you may have a lot of questions or need reliable information and support. That’s where Aetna we comes in. You can count on us to help give your baby a healthy start in life. Our knowledgeable team of experienced obstetric nurses understands the joys and challenges of parenthood.
With the Aetna Maternity Program, count on us to offer you:
• Helpful facts on prenatal care, labor, delivery, newborn care and more
• A survey to review your health and pregnancy
• A personal nurse, if you have health conditions that may affect your pregnancy; they’ll keep all information confidential
Refer to the Healthy Pregnancy Handbook throughout this journey. And know that we’re here for you from the very beginning.