Medical benefits to help you get & stay well
There are three medical plans available to DoD NAF benefit-eligible employees based on where you live:
- Aetna Choice POS II Plan - the majority of employees qualify for this plan
- Aetna Traditional Choice Plan - this plan is only available to employees that do not have a Choice POS II network in their area, and retirees over age 65
- Aetna International Traditional Choice Plan - this is the plan for employees who live outside the U.S.
Along with the medical plans, there are two dental plans available as well.
Open Enrollment (November 1-30, 2018)
The elections you make during Open Enrollment will take effect January 1, 2019. The plan available to you is based on your geographic location. If you are not changing anything, your current plan will carry over into 2019, except your FSA elections which need to be elected each year. We encourage you to visit your NAF employer page under the NAF Enrollment tab on this website. During Open Enrollment you can:
- Join the DoD NAF Health Benefits Program (HBP). The plan available to you is based on your geographic location.
- Switch plans (if applicable).
- Add or remove eligible dependents. You also may make these changes during the plan year within 31 days of a qualified life event, such as marriage, divorce, birth or adoption.
- Enroll in the health care and/or dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) offered by your DoD NAF employer. You must elect to participate in one or both FSAs each year. You will also need to actively elect a contribution amount each year. Learn more about the FSAs.
To enroll in health benefits, follow the steps below:
- Identify what plan(s) you are eligible for by entering your zip code below.
Review the 2019 medical and dental bi-weekly premiums.
Tier Medical Dental Medical & Dental Stand Alone Dental Employee only $81.39 $4.50 $85.89 $16.10 Employee + child(ren) $157.08 $8.68 $165.76 $36.24 Employee + spouse $188.01 $10.38 $198.39 $32.21 Employee + family $249.05 $13.76 $262.81 $52.34
Print, complete and submit your enrollment form(s) and documentation to your Human Resources Office (HRO) staff.
Call or visit your local Human Resources Office (HRO) to enroll.
- If you have a qualified family status change, such as a change in marital status, birth or adoption, you may add or remove dependents within 31 days of the change.