Passive PPO Dental Plan
- This plan gives you the freedom to use any licensed dentist.
- If you choose to use a dentist in the network, they generally charge less than out-of-network dentists since Aetna has negotiated rates with them. This means you pay less for your dental care. Network dental providers also file claims for you.
- If you choose to use a dentist that is not in the Aetna dental network, our benefits are based on the recognized charge for that service in your geographic area — which is higher than the negotiated fee. As a result, you will pay more. In addition, you may need to file your own claims with Aetna to be reimbursed for your covered expenses.
- Preventive dental care is covered at 100% regardless of the licensed dentist you use. For more advanced care, the plan pays a portion of the expense, depending on the services you receive.
• Only regular part-time and regular full-time employees are eligible for dental benefits.
• Flex employees are not eligible for dental benefits.
• Retirees are eligible for the Passive PPO dental plan; not the Stand Alone Dental plan.
2019 Bi-weekly premium rates for medical and dental (for Active employees)
|Tier||Medical||Dental||Medical & Dental||Stand Alone Dental|
|Employee + child(ren)||$157.08||$8.68||$165.76||$36.24|
|Employee + spouse||$188.01||$10.38||$198.39||$32.21|
|Employee + family||$249.05||$13.76||$262.81||$52.34|