Enrollment and what's ahead for 2019
Hi! It’s me, Alex, Your personal Benefits Counselor, and we have things we need to discuss for 2019! I’m still located in the same place in Employee Self Service. Don’t forget your Y# (your TSS ID). You’re going to need that to log in with. Remember you can access Employee Self Service when you’re not at work, too, at https://myapps.aafes.com!*
We have several changes for 2019 I can help you understand. For example:
- The new Healthy Lifestyle Coaching program – provided at no cost to you!
- Two new programs added to Teladoc. Can’t wait to tell you about them!
- The biggest change is for people who cover dependents for medical coverage. There are new deductibles and out of pocket maximums in 2019! But don’t worry, I can help you reduce your out of pocket expenses by showing you how to take advantage of the Health Care FSA! So, come visit and let me guide you to make the best benefit choices for you.
Remember, I don’t make your elections for you. You have to do that yourself through eBenefits. In eBenefits you will find the rates to all of your medical and dental plan options plus all the other plans we’re going to discuss like: Basic Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, life insurance for your spouse and/or child(ren), disability income program and personal accident coverage. You’ll find the link to eBenefits on my page in Employee Self Service, so come on by and let’s get acquainted.
But before you go, there are two other things you need to be aware of if you are in any of our DoD NAF Aetna medical plans:
- There’s a new prescription drug formulary for 2019. The “formulary” is a list that shows which drugs are covered by your plan and the cost share (pharmacy tier) that applies. For any drugs excluded from coverage, there will be alternative drugs covered by the plan. Aetna will mail letters in late 2018 to those employees taking drugs that will have a change in coverage for 2019.
- There are changes to the Health Incentive Credit program for 2019. Employees enrolled in employee-only coverage will now be able to earn up to $300 in Health Incentive Credits, and completing a health assessment will no longer be a requirement for earning credits! You’ll still be able to earn $150 for getting the biometric screening, but now you can earn an additional $75 for completing the assessment!
See you soon!
P.S. I forgot I have another new thing to talk about….RETIREMENT! Come check it out.
*When you log into eBenefits away from work, you’ll need a different password than the one you use on a work computer. If you’ve forgotten the password, follow the instructions on the page to reset it.