What's new for 2019
The changes and new programs for 2019 allow your DoD NAF employer to continue to offer valuable and cost effective benefits. These changes and enhancements take effect January 1, 2019:
- Group health coaching and support — at no cost to you
With Healthy Lifestyle Coaching*, you'll be able to work with a wellness coach to address your health goals such as losing weight, quitting smoking, eating better, reducing stress, and more! This new program offers weekly interactive, group coaching sessions as well some one-on-one support. Make 2019 the year you focus on your health!
- Two new Teladoc programs*
Dermatology and behavioral health services will be added to your Teladoc program. *Not available to Aetna International members.
- Changes to prescription drug benefits
There will be a new formulary in 2019 that will impact a small group of NAF employees. Some drugs will be excluded and some will change the tier they are covered under which will impact cost. For any drugs excluded from coverage, there will be alternative drugs covered by the plan.
- Health Incentive Credit program enhancements
In 2019, employees and covered spouses will be able to earn $75 just for completing the online Health Assessment. Plus, employees can earn up to $300 ($50 more than last year) and families can earn up to $600 for completing healthy activities.
- Family medical deductible and out-of-pocket maximum changes
If you cover yourself and one or more dependents, your in-network family deductible will be $1,500 in 2019. The new in-network family out-of-pocket maximum will be $8,000. As of January 1, 2019, once the expenses of any family member(s) reaches the deductible, the deductible will be considered met for all family members. The same holds true for the out-of-pocket maximum.
The Open Enrollment period for 2019 benefits has ended.
To enroll in health benefits, follow the steps below:
Identify what plan(s) you are eligible for by entering your zip code below.
- Meet Alex, your new interactive benefits counselor. Alex is an online tool that can help you choose the right benefits. He’s smart, friendly and easy to use. Just give him some basic information and he’ll walk you through your plan options for medical, dental and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). He’ll suggest benefits that match your needs, budget and preferences.
Alex is programmed to coach on ACTIVE employee benefits only. Meet Alex now!
Review the 2019 medical and dental bi-weekly premiums.
Tier Medical Dental Medical & Dental Stand Alone Dental Employee only $81.39 $4.50 $85.89 $16.10 Employee + child(ren) $157.08 $8.68 $165.76 $36.24 Employee + spouse $188.01 $10.38 $198.39 $32.21 Employee + family $249.05 $13.76 $262.81 $52.34
To enroll, contact your local NAF Human Resources representative:
• Call NAF HQ Human Resources at 1-855-271-4616, or
• E-mail the Health Care Benefits Support Team